We went to watch the Brazil match at this massive screen that they've got up in a square in Salvador, we left the beach after having been absolutely roasting but we could see it was getting cloudier so we decided just to head to the match...Well, not only did it get cloudier, but a huuuuge downpour happened. Luckily we got to the square just as Brazil scored the first goal and got to see everyone go mental, but after that it just chucked it down. People were running for cover in the petrol station (where, incidentally, everyone was smoking cigarettes as well)!!
We ended up getting soaked and decided to go and watch the rest of the match at a bar, under the cover of a big tree...
They were not happy about Kaka getting sent off!!
We went to a Churrascaria Rodizio last night, which basically just means a barbeque meat restaurant, where they come round with the meat on skewers and you decide how much and what bit you want. It was sooo yummy! These are the meats we tried:
- Beef (of course!) - all sorts of cuts as well
- Lamb ( shoulder and chops)
- Wild boar - this was seriously good actually, and they sqeezed lime on it as well which was really unusual but so tasty!
- Ostrich - Tony liked this but I wasn't such a fan. It was a bit strong tasting, kind of like a cross between chicken and beef, weirdly...
- A little bird which we don't know what it was...
- King prawns
- Grilled cheese
- And finally, grilled pineapple with cinnamon and sugar!
It was a set price, so we ate so much we couldn't move!
Off to Itacare on a night bus tonight, and i'm not sure if we'll get good internet again for a while...hopefully Tony will finally be able to get a surf in there and I might even have a go as well, as long as it's not as big and strong as the waves have looked recently!
big love xxxxx